• Le Petit Four

  • A view of the highway and the harbour.

  • Close by is the Tauranga, Wharepai Domain. These ‘War Memorial’ gates were installed in 1921, on the hillock behind them are some interesting specimen trees.

  • The two cannons are a reminder of the 68th Durham Light Infantry who occupied the site in 1864. The Durham Infantry were a British colonial military regiment active in supressing local uprisings in colonial countries including Maori living around Tauranga.

  • A survey was taken from the site in 1884.

  • The Domain today is mainly a collection of sport fields.